OmegaRobot
OmegaRobot

71 posts
Minecraft: OmegaRobot
Discord: Unknown
By OmegaRobot » over 4 years ago

(TUTORIAL)
How to report someone properly efficiently, and (most of the time) get a response fast!

ok cool. so you found someone doing something on the server that is breaking the rules. first, consider these few things:

Is the rule breaking done on a PlayerServer?
    - If this is on a playerserver, you shouldn't report it to Cubed Staff UNLESS:
        > it is /msg spamming
        > it is being EXTREMELY rude or threatening (ddos threat, death threat ect.)
        > griefing

Is the rule that is being broken hacking or such?
    - If it is, try your best to get evidence (photos, videos, even gifs) this is needed for evidence for Hackers, ect.

The next step is reporting itself, there are a few ways to do that, all come with their benefits and disadvantages:

In-game report (/report):
         + it's the fastest f you can't access other forms of cubedcraft media (discord, forums ect.)

- if there are no staff online, it might be a while before one sees the report
         - You can't post pictures, evidence (unless the evidence is a link) in the command

Discord Report:
        + Fast, simple
        + You can tag staff to get their attention, even if they aren't online in the server
        + Much more convenient
        + You can post evidence there with links, pictures ect.

- You must be over the age of 13 to use Discord
        - Can sometimes go unseen by staff if the channel you reported it in is flooded

Forum Report:
        + You can post pictures (though most of the time it fails to upload the pictures) and evidence
        + Won't get flooded, easily noticable

- VERY inconvenient (need to register account if you don't have one)
        - Slower to be replied to (this doesn't notify online staff in any way, they will just have to notice your report eventually)

yup, those are the 3 methods (well there is another of /msg online staff but that's basically /report)
when writing your report in the forum or discord, try following this template:

In-game name: (YOUR NAME)
Reporting: (RULE BREAKER'S NAME)
Reason: (REASON)
Time of rule breaking: (TIME) [this isn't really needed, but helpful to make things faster for staff]
Evidence [if any]: (LINK/PHOTO)

NOTES:
    - i think it's best to combine the in-game /report with a secondary type of report (forum or discord report)
    - please make sure you have a valid reason to report a player
    - yup, this is the end.

EDITS:
    - added a format for reporting someone
    - removed having to have discord installed on ur device (credit to vectoring for pointing out mistake)

Last edited: over 4 years ago
<span style="color:#e74c3c"><span style="font-size:28px"><strong>hi, these are things i like:<br />      - playerservers (fun and good ones)<br />      - terraria<br />      - pickels<br />      - Trove</strong></span><br /> <br /> <strong><span style="font-size:18px"></span></strong></span><strong><span style="font-size:18px"><span style="color:#9b59b6">if you ever need my help, don't contact me.</span><br /> <span style="color:#2ecc71">updated my signature (this place) 1st October 2019<br /> (added trove)</span><span style="color:#9b59b6"></span></span></strong>
zNotCerq
zNotCerq
God

124 posts
Minecraft: zNotCerq
By zNotCerq » over 4 years ago
Interesting,
This useful for new cubed players

Vectoring
Vectoring
Noble

99 posts
Minecraft: Vectoring
By Vectoring » over 4 years ago
you dont have to have discord installed to use it, you can just go to the website