MagicPvPs
MagicPvPs

1 posts
Minecraft: MagicPvPs
By MagicPvPs » over 6 years ago
You know how you put WorldGuard around the KitPvp map and it helps protect your stuff but also displays the annoying "Hey! Sorry you can't use that here." Or "Hey! Sorry you can't break that block here." Well you can keep the worldguard but also just put the world in Adventure mode so it won't flood your chat when your pvping and hitting blocks its also annoying. 

Zed_Infinity
Zed_Infinity

163 posts
Minecraft: Zed_Infinity
Discord: Unknown
By Zed_Infinity » over 6 years ago
Hello Magics, This does not really classify as an idea, Please post stuff like this in CubedCraft Server Discussion, Thanks.

~Darky

<span style="color:#f1c40f"><span style="font-size:26px"><strong><em>#1 XRun Player</em></strong></span></span><br /> <em>1st Place on 7 out of 12 maps.</em><br /> Beat MyNameIs12345 on Sand by 0.001 seconds (skrub).
Partydragen
Partydragen
Owner

534 posts
Minecraft: Partydragen
Partydragen: Partydragen
Discord: partydragen
Minecraft-Community: Partydragen
By Partydragen » over 6 years ago
@MagicPvPs Thanks for this, Will fix that somedays i need to modify the code to fix it

Owner of CubedCraft Network
Server Ip: mc.cubedcraft.com
My Website:
 http://partydragen.com/
AmazinglyJava
AmazinglyJava

190 posts
Minecraft: AmazinglyJava
By AmazinglyJava » over 6 years ago
Party, all you need to do is set the players game mode to adventure when they join. Either one line or one command block. Why not do it straight away? It's not like it's a big project.

I'm a developer! Message me if you need help!<br /> <br /> Put "@Partydragen is a noob" in discord!
Partydragen
Partydragen
Owner

534 posts
Minecraft: Partydragen
Partydragen: Partydragen
Discord: partydragen
Minecraft-Community: Partydragen
By Partydragen » over 6 years ago
@AmazinglyJava the plugin overwrite it, Gamemode being changed to Survival mode for each join and each death :P Its a simply fix anyways and need to modify the code to fix other stuff too

Owner of CubedCraft Network
Server Ip: mc.cubedcraft.com
My Website:
 http://partydragen.com/
AmazinglyJava
AmazinglyJava

190 posts
If you have a method that handles players joining the arena after they choose their kit all you have to add is
#setGamemode(Gamemode.ADVENTURE)

I don't remember the exact syntax but its something along those lines.

I'm a developer! Message me if you need help!<br /> <br /> Put "@Partydragen is a noob" in discord!
Zed_Infinity
Zed_Infinity

163 posts
Minecraft: Zed_Infinity
By Zed_Infinity » over 6 years ago
You can very easily do /defaultgamemode adventure

I honestly don't know how people do not know about that.

<span style="color:#f1c40f"><span style="font-size:26px"><strong><em>#1 XRun Player</em></strong></span></span><br /> <em>1st Place on 7 out of 12 maps.</em><br /> Beat MyNameIs12345 on Sand by 0.001 seconds (skrub).
AmazinglyJava
AmazinglyJava

190 posts
Darky, the problem with that is when they spawn they are in adventure mode, but every time they join kit pvp or die they are put back into survival. Changing the default game mode would not work.

Here's an example of what would happen:

Player joins the server
Player is put into the default gamemode, which is adventure
Player chooses a kit, and is changed to survival mode and teleported to the arena
Player dies, and is changed to survival mode if they weren't already in it.

All that is doing is changing their game mode to adventure while they are in spawn for the first time that session.

Last edited: over 6 years ago