JBawesome03
JBawesome03
Royal

14 posts
Minecraft: JBawesome03
Discord: Unknown
By JBawesome03 » over 6 years ago
Hello Cubedcraft staff I recently realized when I was playing Warzone that when I was using the speed builder kit my axe didn't do the damage that it used to. And then it hit me it was reverted back to 1.8 Pvp.

I absolutely loathe the 1.8 Pvp style. I believe that for the people that like the 1.8 Pvp style just have no skill involved when fighting. I am currently holding the highest kill record on Cubedcraft Warzone and I enjoyed the pleasure when you kill the enemy with an iron axe after perfectly timing your attacks. With the 1.8 Pvp style this joy is completely gone. You no longer have to perfectly time your attacks you just "Spray and Pray" which is not an enjoyable experience.

While many people may say they like the 1.8 style more I completely disagree. When you are Pvping you no longer have to rely on your timing and accuracy it turns the odds into a game of luck in which you spam until the enemy's health slowly decreases with every attack you make. I can recall some times I would be close to ending the game and I would be swarmed by enemies and with my speed builder kit I would be able to take all of them down. Without the 1.9 fighting style it basically makes for longer more boring games.

I don't mean that the fact that the game is long as non-exciting the excitement comes when you are neck and neck trying to get the perfect opportunity to rush to the base and take the wool. Now that it has the 1.8 fighting style the game can go on for an extended period of time with nothing exciting actually happening.

Staff I would hope that you see that 1.9 Pvp is the best choice for the best fighting style. 
I would enjoy to see what other people think and if you disagree I would love to argue over the topic.

Sincerely
~JBawesome03 

DebitCardz
DebitCardz
Royal

43 posts
Minecraft: DebitCardz
By DebitCardz » over 6 years ago
JBawesome03 I agree with your statement, I liked the 1.9+ PvP because before I was able to place blocks down while I was fighting so I could quickly speed by the opponent however with the new change in plugins that adds 1.8 PvP I was not able to do this anymore because the Shield was blocking the way for me, this left me with some sloppy attacks on the opposing team which I absolutely hate and plus this made me sorta hate Warzone

JBawesome03 I really hope 1.9 PvP is added back to Warzone

<div style="text-align:center"><span style="font-size:36px"><br /> crackhead</span></div>
AmericanShogun_
AmericanShogun_
Admin

10 posts
Minecraft: AmericanShogun_
By AmericanShogun_ » over 6 years ago
Hey, I understand your argument, however a massive majority of the minecraft community still prefers 1.8 style combat. Also, the speed builder kit was massively overpowered in the first place, it should've had a wooden axe with efficiency 3 instead of an iron axe. The wooden sword was designed to be the main weapon of the speed builder kit. In fact, all of the kits with iron axes should have wooden axes with efficiency 3 in the first place. Both the Fire Archer kit and the Speed Builder kit were massively overpowered and still require nerfs which will be coming quite soon. 

We understand you liked the 1.9 combat, however with the existing kits its usage was being abused. 1.9 combat style was allowing for players to sprint by the other team virtually undamaged using speed builder kit and going and hitting the wool. This style of combat is not combat at all. it is merely who can run the fastest and dodge people the most. 

If you were to look at the leaderboard, the top 2 winning players all had kill death ratios of .35 to .45ish. These two players had up to three times more wool broken than kills. That is not how a PvP game should work at all. The reason they were able to get away with this is because of 1.9 combat. Players were not able to spam hit because of 1.9 combat, allowing the overpowered Speed II potion to carry them all the way to the wool. We will be changing warzone greatly in the future to further improve on 1.8 combat and force players into more Melee fights. I understand that it is much harder and more rewarding to kill players in 1.9, however its existence in warzone was being greatly abused. We will use 1.8 combat to diminish the excessive usage of bows in the games, encouraging melee fights in the future. 

We also recognize that 1.8 melee combat kills are still rewarding, and is still quite skillful, but in a much different way. 1.8 combat allows for fights to be faster paced and more intense, causing players to die faster than in 1.9

1.8 combat actually involves very efficient and accurate attacks to beat your opponent, and in very quick succession. It forces players to be very accurate with crits and movement. 1.9 to me looks like ice skating. It takes too long to kill someone and it is too easy to bow spam people.

We also fully acknowledge that 1.8 pvp is very friendly towards players who are unfamiliar with pvp gamemodes. The skill gap can be bridged much easier, further encouraging new players to continue to try PvP gamemodes.

In the future we are going to work hard to improve  warzone's combat style and the usage of both melee and ranged weapons. 

I know this may not change your mind but it was not intended to. It was merely to tell you why we did what we did and to tell you that it is very unlikely that we will switch back to 1.9 style pvp.

I hope you will understand the decision we made.

Have a good day!

~Shogun

(Edit)
I have just seen that Samerton (The Co-Owner) has about 66% less wins than you do, meaning he has played far less games than you have, however he is only 100 kills away from your 1091 kills JB. This is because he sits and camps with the fire archer all game and rarely attempts to get the wool. This is an obvious sign that the PvP in this game is very unbalanced. Even now in 1.8 it is either: you sit and never move shooting a bow incessantly, or you sprint across with Speed Builder and try and hit the wool with zero attempt at ever killing anyone. with 1.8 it is far harder to get to the other side without killing people, however it did not help enough with the fire bow spam. More will be done in the future to fix the Archer spam that Warzone has become.

Last edited: over 6 years ago
<span style="color:#e67e22"><span style="font-size:26px"><u><em><strong>Xrun God.</strong></em></u></span></span><br /> <br /> <strong><span style="color:#000000">No more needs saying.</span></strong>
Samerton
Samerton
Owner

25 posts
Minecraft: Samerton
By Samerton » over 6 years ago
AmericanShogun_:
(Edit)
I have just seen that Samerton (The Co-Owner) has about 66% less wins than you do, meaning he has played far less games than you have, however he is only 100 kills away from your 1091 kills JB. This is because he sits and camps with the fire archer all game and rarely attempts to get the wool. This is an obvious sign that the PvP in this game is very unbalanced. Even now in 1.8 it is either: you sit and never move shooting a bow incessantly, or you sprint across with Speed Builder and try and hit the wool with zero attempt at ever killing anyone. with 1.8 it is far harder to get to the other side without killing people, however it did not help enough with the fire bow spam. More will be done in the future to fix the Archer spam that Warzone has become.
Woah calling me out there? ;) 

AmericanShogun_
AmericanShogun_
Admin

10 posts
Minecraft: AmericanShogun_
By AmericanShogun_ » over 6 years ago
Well yes I am sam because your entire strategy is stupid and boring and causes the gameplay quality to diminish greatly.

Last edited: over 6 years ago
<span style="color:#e67e22"><span style="font-size:26px"><u><em><strong>Xrun God.</strong></em></u></span></span><br /> <br /> <strong><span style="color:#000000">No more needs saying.</span></strong>