KyanG7
KyanG7
God

120 posts
Minecraft: KyanG7
Discord: Unknown
By KyanG7 » over 6 years ago
Yes, I know this is a simple tutorial but most people do not know how to use WorldEdit very well so I am gonna go into some simple commands that may help you.

Basics
Now of course most people know to do //wand to get the worldedit wand (Default = Wooden Axe)
A simple mechanic built into worldedit is multiple blocks, if you put a comma ( , ) in between the blocks you can create multiple blocks in a single worldedit or you can do that later on in //replace
Now back to the wand, with this wand you can left click and right click in 2 different positions, all blacks in between this position is your selection.

//set
The simple //set command, does what the command says, sets blocks in your selection
Select an area and //set
EX: //set dirt - Sets selection to dirt
EX 2: //set gravel,dirt:1 - Sets selection to half gravel half coarse dirt

//replace
//replace has multiple uses that I use a lot.
For example you can replace something quickly into multiple blocks or just a single block if you want to see how something looks in that specific block.
You can also replace any block in the selection other than air.
EX: //replace stone - replaces anything but air with stone
EX 2: //replace stone cobblestone - replaces any stone in the selection with cobblestone

//replacenear
//replacenear is again self-explanatory it replaces certain blocks in the radius with another block like //replace but in a certain radius instead of selection.
EX: //replacenear 100 leaves 0 - Sets leaves in a radius of 100 to air
EX 2: //replacenear 100 log 0 - Sets logs in a radius of 100 to air
EX 3: //replacenear 100 log,leaves sponge,dirt - Turns leaves and logs in radius of 100 to half sponge half dirt.

//sphere & //hsphere
Like cylinder you can create giant spheres full of blocks or giant spheres that are empty.
//sphere - Creates a full sphere of blocks, can be great for terraforming with other tools in worldedit.
//hsphere - Creates an empty sphere of blocks, this can used in a great way at spawn if you delete half of the sphere and create glass dome somewhere.
EX: //sphere diamondblock 10 - Creates a diamondblock sphere with a radius of 10 (Filled)
EX 2: //hsphere stonebrick 10 - Creates an empty sphere of stonebrick in a radius of 10 (Empty)

//cyl and //hcyl
Like a sphere you can create giant spheres of certain blocks or empty circles.
//cyl - Creates a full cylinder of blocks around you, great for spawn starts
//hcyl - Creates an empty cylinder with a 1 block border, amazing for creating towers for builds.
EX: //cyl grass 30 - Creates a giant cylinder of grass in a radius of 30
EX 2: //hcyl stonebrick 10 5 - Creates an empty cylinder of stonebrick that is 5 blocks tall.
For now this is all I am gonna post but if anyone has recommendations please put it in the comments and I will edit the post!

P.S. Examples may crash server, use small selections and smaller radius of cylinders/spheres.

-KyanG7

Last edited: over 6 years ago
100 Posts | December 1st 2017<br /> Trial-Mod | ???
AmazinglyJava
AmazinglyJava

190 posts
Minecraft: AmazinglyJava
By AmazinglyJava » over 6 years ago
You forgot to mention you can do this //set 50%grass,30%concrete:13,20%stained_hardened_clay:13

By the way, that makes a nice grass :)

Edit: People who have never used WorldEdit before may not know how to select areas.

Last edited: over 6 years ago
I'm a developer! Message me if you need help!<br /> <br /> Put "@Partydragen is a noob" in discord!
KyanG7
KyanG7
God

120 posts
Minecraft: KyanG7
By KyanG7 » over 6 years ago
AmazinglyJava:
You forgot to mention you can do this //set 50%grass,30%concrete:13,20%stained_hardened_clay:13

By the way, that makes a nice grass :)

Edit: People who have never used WorldEdit before may not know how to select areas.

Correct, the percentages are very complicated commands though so I think I will leave that till another tutorial of more complicated commands! Thanks for the advice by the way ;)

100 Posts | December 1st 2017<br /> Trial-Mod | ???