Angry_Squid
Angry_Squid

152 posts
Minecraft: Angry_Squid
Discord: Unknown
By Angry_Squid » over 6 years ago
The average game of tnt wars can feel unrefined. It starts with spending 20 seconds to get the supplies (it takes 3 clicks per item). Then you build your cannon. When I play I build aimed at their spawn to try ending the game quickly via spawnkilling. Because the 2 maps have the same structure I never need to adjust my strategy/routine. 20 seconds later I'm done building and I'm firing at their spawn but by that time a player could be done with their auto cannon. If there is an auto cannon, whether it's the team mate or enemy with an autos cannon it lags the server and as a result of the lag my cannon usually blows up. Eventually one team wins of course and it more or less repeats next round.

My suggestions are to:
* add a better supply system
* add spawn protection, either based off time or just a safe region around spawn
* add different maps to mix it up
* prevent lag from causing issues for cannons; either prevent the lag entirely or preventing the issues caused by lag. Some random ideas I have for this are
   1. Automatically empty dispensers that are activated while the server is lagging
   2. Add something similar to the entity cramming mechanic that removes/deletes primed tnt when it's in contact with lots of other primed tnt (this would nerf most autos)
  3. Nerf autos by detecting which dispensers are being rapidly activated and prevent a fraction tnt from being dispensed , for example instead of an auto dispensing 40 tnt per second 1/4th could be removed so it dispenses 30 per second  
  4. Disallow autos- there's many ways this could be done but I view this as too extreme

Tnt Wars is naturally a chaotic game but the spawn killing, impractical supply chest, and the lag make it difficult for player to play freely.
 Preventing lag is difficult, and there's no rush, but if first 3 suggestions are implemented tnt wars and it's players would benefit greatly.