_Xx_AdamMC_xX_
_Xx_AdamMC_xX_
God

22 posts
Minecraft: _Xx_AdamMC_xX_
Discord: Unknown
By _Xx_AdamMC_xX_ » over 5 years ago
Well most of people may be saying "Why add a skript plugin limit? We already have a server plugin limit!" But now im starting to think people can bypass this by adding new skripts that act like plugins, copying and pasting a skript plugin, and maybe even making a skript that will bypass and override the plugin limit. So what I am saying is to make a skript plugin limiter in the PS Manager so the players cant:
1. Can't add more custom skripts above the limit Example: Free= 1 custom skript Noble= 2 custom skripts Royal: 3 custom skripts God= 4 custom skripts VIP= 6 custom skripts
2. Make templates in skript non-editable (unless they have God rank or above) so the players cant replace code with a new one to try and get more skript plugins
3. Add a non-deleteable override that free plan can't load more than 18 skripts that means that they need to sacrafice one skript to load all of them Noble and beyond can bypass this
On top of that, the skript templates on cubedcraft can or may be even downloaded online and take less plugin space.

All these limitations would make skript not the new "tool" for plugins on cubedcraft also if players want to code or add more skripts, they can buy a rank to add on to that limit. Also at the same time, supporting cubedcraft and keeping it alive.This is a good idea because it will mostly higher up cubedcraft's income so they can add games like returning bedwars. This change can allow the owner to maybe make cubedcraft better by increasing the plugin limit for everyone, increase slots, and increase RAM.

Hope this Helps. :)

-    _Xx_AdamMC_xX_

Last edited: over 5 years ago
<span style="font-size:72px"><strong><span style="color:#e74c3c">Adam</span><span style="color:#3498db">MC</span></strong></span>
CombatMC
CombatMC

317 posts
Minecraft: CombatMC
By CombatMC » over 5 years ago
_Xx_AdamMC_xX_:
Well most of people may be saying "Why add a skript plugin limit? We already have a server plugin limit!" But now im starting to think people can bypass this by adding new skripts that act like plugins, copying and pasting a skript plugin, and maybe even making a skript that will bypass and override the plugin limit. So what I am saying is to make a skript plugin limiter in the PS Manager so the players cant:
1. Can't add more custom skripts above the limit Example: Free= 1 custom skript Noble= 2 custom skripts Royal: 3 custom skripts God= 4 custom skripts VIP= 6 custom skripts
2. Make templates in skript non-editable (unless they have God rank or above) so the players cant replace code with a new one to try and get more skript plugins
3. Add a non-deleteable override that free plan can't load more than 18 skripts that means that they need to sacrafice one skript to load all of them Noble and beyond can bypass this
On top of that, the skript templates on cubedcraft can or may be even downloaded online and take less plugin space.

All these limitations would make skript not the new "tool" for plugins on cubedcraft also if players want to code or add more skripts, they can buy a rank to add on to that limit. Also at the same time, supporting cubedcraft and keeping it alive.This is a good idea because it will mostly higher up cubedcraft's income so they can add games like returning bedwars. This change can allow the owner to maybe make cubedcraft better by increasing the plugin limit for everyone, increase slots, and increase RAM.

Hope this Helps. :)

-    _Xx_AdamMC_xX_

Since my playerserver is run by scripts, my opinion for this idea is "not agree".

By the way, you can't bypass plugins limit with it.

Last edited: over 5 years ago x 1

Discord: Untrustable#8110

CreepahMC
CreepahMC
Royal

78 posts
Minecraft: CreepahMC
By CreepahMC » over 5 years ago
alert! minehut alert! alert! alert!

Well, jokes aside, this is THE WORST idea ever! Skript is designed to allow players to do whatever they want, without having to get replacement plugins. If you limit this, it really just goes against the plugin.

And here I go, countering all of your arguments.

0? idk. No, Skript does not allow you to bypass the plugin limit. It simply allows you to execute java code and code "scripts" that are sometimes misunderstood for plugins.
1. This would be stupid, it would just make players write all the code in the same file instead of making more files, and keeping it organised. :/ You really don't understand this... The only reason we make more script(.sk, or skripts, whatever you call them) files is to organise & manage our code. We don't need them, but it's a lot better with more files.
2. Templates? And how do you want this? A template for a command? A template for each event? A template for inserting a condition maybe? -_- Maybe I didn't understand this correctly? Since you said "Make skript templates non-editable", a thing for you to learn, Skript doesn't have templates. But if you mean create them, that is just stupid.
3. 18 'skripts'? You said 1 to 6 depending on rank in point 1... If you mean events and commands, and each one counts as a 'skript' like you say... First of all, that's hell a lot not enough for anyone, and second, cubed would need to code a system to track down events and triggers in script files... Probably not worth. #:

(4? there is no point 4.. meh whatever). Skript is not the new tool for plugins, plugins are still plugins and scripts are still scripts. Java vs skript and skript would lose surely. Not a good idea for getting more donators imo, people would just leave cubed at this point. This all just goes against skript and at normal plugins! Why remove the ability to code whatever you want and add the ability to install "more" plugins? That would bring a hell ton more plugin requests, plus, no PS would be custom anymore due to all PS can use same plugins.

NO THIS DOES NOT HELP :(

- CREEPAH

GO AT HIM, SKRIPT BOYS! WE SHALL BRING THIS THREAD TO ITS KNEES!

<span style="font-size:8px"><sup>it appears i am supposed to write something here</sup></span>
OmegaRobot
OmegaRobot

71 posts
Minecraft: OmegaRobot
By OmegaRobot » over 5 years ago
bad idea. nevah gonna happen hopefully... also its gonna be rly hard if you gonna create a way so you can only make custom scripts. consider this is considered 1 custom script. on break:
    send "hi"

^ is counted as 1 ._.

<span style="color:#e74c3c"><span style="font-size:28px"><strong>hi, these are things i like:<br />      - playerservers (fun and good ones)<br />      - terraria<br />      - pickels<br />      - Trove</strong></span><br /> <br /> <strong><span style="font-size:18px"></span></strong></span><strong><span style="font-size:18px"><span style="color:#9b59b6">if you ever need my help, don't contact me.</span><br /> <span style="color:#2ecc71">updated my signature (this place) 1st October 2019<br /> (added trove)</span><span style="color:#9b59b6"></span></span></strong>
CreepahMC
CreepahMC
Royal

78 posts
Minecraft: CreepahMC
By CreepahMC » over 5 years ago
dat called 1 event not script... a script is da file u put it in #:

<span style="font-size:8px"><sup>it appears i am supposed to write something here</sup></span>
JamesDaNekoGamer
JamesDaNekoGamer

8 posts
Minecraft: JamesDaNekoGamer
By JamesDaNekoGamer » over 5 years ago
I believe this is a HORRIBLE idea! Skript is made for people to add things in as a staff chat since Cubedcraft doesnt have it or a custom ban message/annoucment. You will ruin almost everyone's gameplay if they do add this idea

-1 for me.

Not hating... just thinks its a bad ider

ILikeGamesToo
ILikeGamesToo

6 posts
Minecraft: ILikeGamesToo
By ILikeGamesToo » over 5 years ago
I think this is a horrible idea. I myself, am not a skripter. And probably won't be for a long time. I just know that if you can create an entire plugin in skript you deserve to have that custom plugin xD

YoVamp
YoVamp
Royal

49 posts
Minecraft: YoVamp
By YoVamp » over 5 years ago
REPLY:

AdamMC, I disagree a lot. I wouldn't call them plugins, because they are coded by skript, so... they're
skript files. In my server, I only have 1 skript... and that 1 skript has over 2,000 skript lines..
But, if you want a line limit to... literally every skripted ps will be so boring because everything is functioned by plugins, plus if you want a fun server, you can't just have the Factions plugins then.. boom, you get players, so a lot of playerservers
NEED skript or else they're no ones going to have fun on that ps, so skript with a lot of addons is very good for "growing" playerservers. Plus, people can actually learn "code", and it's a pretty good think to know.

Last edited: over 5 years ago
<div style="text-align:center"><span style="font-family:'Trebuchet MS',Helvetica,sans-serif"><strong><span style="color:#e74c3c"></span><span style="color:#e74c3c"></span><span style="color:#e74c3c"></span><span style="color:#e74c3c"><u>_____________________________</u></span><br /> IGN</strong>: VampireGamer7<br /> <strong>Discord</strong><span>: Vamp-Uchiha#6480</span></span></div> <div style="text-align:center"><span style="font-family:'Trebuchet MS',Helvetica,sans-serif"><strong>Code</strong>: Java, Python, HTML, CSS, Discord.JS, & Skript<br /> <strong>Rank:</strong> VIP (2/15/19 - 7/7/19)<br /> <strong><span style="color:#e74c3c"><u>_____________________________</u></span></strong></span></div>